IMC’s investor relations website includes forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties. These statements are based on the beliefs and assumptions of its management, and on information currently available to the Company. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding IMC’s intent, belief or current expectations or that of its directors or executive officers with respect to, but not limited to:
- the economic, political and business environment in the countries IMC operates and the impact of these factors in the food services market;
- events in the economies of other markets, including emerging markets;
- increases in commodity prices or other operating costs of its industry;
- decrease in the demand for the Company’s products due to changes in consumer preferences, decreases in airline and motor passengers or other factors;
- the effects of disruptions, catastrophic events or health pandemics in its business activity;
- IMC’s ability to implement its strategies;
- the Company’s ability to win bids for new food service concessions and maintain the concessions IMC already operates;
- the Company’s ability to find to identify high quality locations and acceptable lease terms for new stores and to maintain the location IMC already operates under acceptable lease terms;
- inflation, foreign exchange rate fluctuations, reduction of the income level or of wages and fluctuations of interest rates, as well as the impact of these factors on the markets in which the Company operates, including the specific impact on the roads, airports and shopping malls, where IMC’s retail food stores are located;
- changes of laws and regulations applicable to its business;
- Brazil’s loss of investment grade status;
- other factors or trends affecting the Company’s financial condition; and
- other statements contained in this website regarding matters that are not historical facts.
Investors should understand that the above-mentioned factors, in addition to others discussed in this investor relations website, among others, could affect IMC’s future results and could cause results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements made in this website or files herein posted.
Forward-looking statements also include information concerning the Company’s possible or assumed future results of operations set forth under several sections in this investor relations website, as well as statements preceded by, followed by, or that include the words ‘‘believes’’, ‘‘may’’, ‘‘continues’’, ‘‘expects’’, ‘‘anticipates’’, ‘‘intends’’, ‘‘plans’’, ‘‘estimates’’ or similar expressions.
Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of performance. They involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions because they relate to future events and therefore depend on circumstances that may or may not occur. IMC’s future business, financial condition, results of operations, prospects, strategies, market share and shareholder values may differ materially from those expressed in or suggested by these forward-looking statements. Many of the factors that will determine these results and values are beyond the Company’s ability to control or predict.